Monday 25 August 2008

How's your love walk?

Hi everyone,

I trust you are well. It’s really good to have an extended weekend. I’m enjoying every bit of it. During my family’s devotion this morning, my husband shared about walking in love, he started with 1 Tim 1:5 which states:
“The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith. But some people have missed this whole point. They have turned away from these things and spend their time in meaningless discussions” NLT

We also read 1 Corinthians 13 to remind ourselves about love and we decided to meditate on “love is patient and kind” this week. I really need to be patient in this season so I keep saying to myself that "I am patient" because love is patient. I’ve been tested so many times today but I will not give up on being patient because it has to be formed in me by God’s grace.

I will urge you to read I Corinthians 13 regularly because it’s so easy to forget what love is. Meditate on these verses:

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres” I Corinthians 13: 4-7

Have a great week.

Dupe

No comments: